Mohun Bagan rope in Haitian playmaker
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan on Wednesday roped in Haitian playmaker Sony Norde as their fourth foreigner for the 2014-15 season.
The 25-year-old had won many hearts in the Maidan after his power-packed performance for the Bangladeshi outfit Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi who finished IFA Shiled runners-up earlier this year.
Impressed by his performance, Mohun Bagan had gone all out for Norde before sealing the deal today.
After a trial match with Mexican Side San Luis FC, Norde secured a spot at Argentine Club Boca Juniors and represented the Haiti national football team at the youth and senior levels.
He represented Haiti at the 2008 CONCACAF Men Olympic qualification tournament and also represented the National side in the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
Earlier, Mohun Bagan had announced Cameroon forward Pierre Boya as their marquee player.
Japanese midfielder Katsumi Yusa and and Nigerian central defender Fatai Adisa Alao are the other two foreigners in the Mohun Bagan squad.
Mohun Bagan now have three forwards with Boya, and Indian duo of Jeje Lalpekhlua and Balwant Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical