Mohun Bagan rope in Haitian playmaker
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan on Wednesday roped in Haitian playmaker Sony Norde as their fourth foreigner for the 2014-15 season.
The 25-year-old had won many hearts in the Maidan after his power-packed performance for the Bangladeshi outfit Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi who finished IFA Shiled runners-up earlier this year.
Impressed by his performance, Mohun Bagan had gone all out for Norde before sealing the deal today.
After a trial match with Mexican Side San Luis FC, Norde secured a spot at Argentine Club Boca Juniors and represented the Haiti national football team at the youth and senior levels.
He represented Haiti at the 2008 CONCACAF Men Olympic qualification tournament and also represented the National side in the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
Earlier, Mohun Bagan had announced Cameroon forward Pierre Boya as their marquee player.
Japanese midfielder Katsumi Yusa and and Nigerian central defender Fatai Adisa Alao are the other two foreigners in the Mohun Bagan squad.
Mohun Bagan now have three forwards with Boya, and Indian duo of Jeje Lalpekhlua and Balwant Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB