Mohun Bagan`s next I-League match deferred
New Delhi: Mohun Bagan`s I-League match against Pailan Arrows, scheduled to be held on Saturday, has been deferred in view of the controversy over the green-and-maroon brigade`s walkout after half time in the derby against East Bengal.
"The decision regarding the status and necessary actions arising under the I-League Regulations regarding the match played on December 9, 2012 between Kingfisher East Bengal and McDowell Mohun Bagan is under consideration. Hence, the scheduled Match No. 72 between McDowell Mohun Bagan and Pailan Arrows to be played on December 15, 2012 stays deferred till further notice," the AIFF said in a statement today.
The mecca of Indian soccer Kolkata had, on Sunday, made headlines when the marquee clash at the Salt Lake stadium had to be called off after Mohun Bagan refused to play the second half after their key player, Syed Rahim Nabi, sustained facial injuries.
Trailing 0-1 at the break, they cited "security concerns" as the reason for not turning up for the second half.
Under Clause 22 of the AIFF Constitution, the club stands to banned for two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him