Mohun Bagan to take on Mumbai FC
Kolkata: A depleted Mohun Bagan will take on a spirited Mumbai FC in a must-win match on Saturday to keep their I-League hopes alive.
Sunil Chhetri will be out because of suspension, while Brazilians Jose Barreto and Hudson Lima have been ruled out because of injuries and the team will once again bank on Odafa Okolie.
Syed Rahim Nabi also is a doubtful starter as the Subrata Bhattacharya`s boys will have to earn full points to close the gap against leaders Dempo (40) who are six points ahead.
Mohun Bagan will draw inspiration from their thumping 5-1 win in the first leg.
But on current form, the Mumbai outfit are on a high having beaten Goan heavyweights Churchill Brothers in their last match.
Mumbai FC, assistant manager Henry Picardo said, "We are high on confidence after winning against Churchill Brothers. We will be looking to do well and win this match."
Mumbai FC would miss out on Noel Wilson and Sampath Kuttymani due to injury, but Picardo confirmed that all the four foreigners were available for the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth