Mohun Bagan yet to pay their players
Kolkata: The Kolkata club have allegedly not paid the wages of their players with the season coming to a close. The Green and Maroon have saved their season with some top performances by avoiding the drop however the players aren’t the happiest lot given that their dues haven’t been cleared as yet.
Pailan Arrows, the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) developmental team, and Churchill Brothers were also in the news this season for not having taken care of their squad’s salaries.
‘We haven’t paid our salaries and it is sad given that the players have given their all to save the club from relegation,’ informed a player.
On being asked what the club’s management has had to say on this issue, the player, who wished to remain anonymous, stated, ‘They keep assuring us that it will be taken care of but that hasn’t yet been realized. I got some money as I play regularly but most of the squad including some former players haven’t got their wages as yet.’
On Wednesday, the players chose not to attend the training session which has hampered their preparations for the upcoming Calcutta Football League (CFL) tie against Prayag United on Friday.
It must be noted that the Green and Maroon have the the best earning player and manager on their roster in Odafa Okolie and Karim Bencherifa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir