Monaco win to keep pressure on PSG
Paris: Monaco completed a routine 2-0 win at mid-table Toulouse on Sunday to keep pace with Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain.
Goals from Layvin Kurzawa and Lucas Ocampos brought the Principality team to within two points of PSG ahead of the champions` clash with sixth-placed Nantes at the Parc des Princes later on Sunday.
The win also gave Monaco an eight point advantage over fourth-placed Saint-Etienne, further cementing Claudio Ranieri`s team`s quest to earn a Champions League berth for next season.
Monaco were far from convincing, particularly in the first half, but still turned around at the break a goal to the good through Kurzawa on 36 minutes.
Ranieri made a change to his starting line-up, bringing in French under-20 world champion Geoffroy Kondogbia to replace struggling Portugal international Moutinho, although the youngster did little to further his long-term prospects of holding down a regular starting position.
There was also a disappointing performance from Colombian record-signing Radamel Falcao, who missed two glorious chances and has not scored in the league since November 8.
He was replaced by Ocampos with 21 minutes left and it was the Argentine who sealed the win with a goal two minutes from the end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest