Monzon ends Fluminense loan deal
Rio de Janeiro: Argentine left-back Fabian Monzon has returned to French Ligue 1 club Lyon after completing his six-month loan deal with reigning Brazil Serie A champions Fluminense.
The Rio de Janeiro side had secured the former Boca Juniors and Real Betis defender in January with the option of signing him to a permanent contract, reports Xinhua.
But the 26-year-old played just four matches for the Tricolor and asked to be released earlier this month for personal reasons, O Globo reported on Monday.
Coach Abel Braga has already promoted teenager Ronan from the club`s youth academy to take Monzon`s place in the squad.
Fluminense are currently ninth in the Brasileirao standings with just nine points from the first seven matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj