Monzon ends Fluminense loan deal
Rio de Janeiro: Argentine left-back Fabian Monzon has returned to French Ligue 1 club Lyon after completing his six-month loan deal with reigning Brazil Serie A champions Fluminense.
The Rio de Janeiro side had secured the former Boca Juniors and Real Betis defender in January with the option of signing him to a permanent contract, reports Xinhua.
But the 26-year-old played just four matches for the Tricolor and asked to be released earlier this month for personal reasons, O Globo reported on Monday.
Coach Abel Braga has already promoted teenager Ronan from the club`s youth academy to take Monzon`s place in the squad.
Fluminense are currently ninth in the Brasileirao standings with just nine points from the first seven matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars