Moreno wants long-term Flamengo deal
Rio de Janeiro: Bolivia international striker Marcelo Moreno has revealed his desire to sign a long-term contract with Brazilian club Flamengo.
The 26-year-old is currently on a season-long loan with the Rio de Janeiro outfit from Brazilian Serie A rivals Gremio, reports Xinhua.
Despite netting four goals from as many matches since his move, Moreno insists he is yet to reach peak form.
"I came here with the objective of scoring lots of goals. My contract is short and I want to stay here," Moreno said Saturday.
"I am enjoying the support of the fans here. I hope to score a lot more goals and extend my time at the club."
Moreno, the son of a Brazilian father and Bolivian mother, arrived at Flamengo in May after falling out of favour with then Gremio coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
The former Wigan Athletic forward hopes to edge further towards peak form on Sunday against Vasco da Gama at Brasilia`s Mano Garrincha stadium.
"I`m feeling good because I am scoring and as a striker that`s the most important thing. But I am still not 100% and feel I have more to give." Moreno added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why