Mourinho a ``boring bully``, says former Arsenal keeper Wilson
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is "disrespectful" and a "bully" for describing Arsene Wenger "a specialist in failure", former Arsenal goalkeeper Bob Wilson said on Sunday.
Mourinho was hitting back at the Arsenal manager`s claims that the Portuguese coach was playing down Chelsea`s title credentials because of a "fear to fail".
"I think at it`s best it`s disrespectful, at it`s worst despicable," Wilson told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I find him boring in the extreme."
Mourinho, who is in his second spell in charge of Chelsea having in rejoined the club in June, has wound up a number of Premier League managers this season, including West Ham`s Sam Allardyce and Manuel Pellegrini of Manchester City.
"I think it`s personal," continued Wilson, who made 308 appearances for Arsenal.
"To say West Ham play 19th century football, to give Manuel Pellegrini the abuse he has. This is a weekend when we honour a gent - Tom Finney - I don`t like bullies."
Mourinho and Wenger have endured a fractious relationship since the Portuguese coach called Wenger a "voyeur" in 2005 after the Frenchman repeatedly spoke about Chelsea in the media.
Wilson would like to see the end of the verbal sniping between the two and believes that Mourinho should model his behaviour on former Liverpool manager Bill Shankly.
"He (Mourinho) is a hugely talented, amazing manager but a self-publicist and it`s mainly inaccurate," Wilson said.
"I like people who have within them some humility as well," he added.
"Bill Shankly was, in his day, like Jose Mourinho. He took every opportunity to psyche you out. He would get at you, but in a lovely, sort of competitive way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read