Mourinho claims to have made `secret pact` with Fergie to reveal future plans to each other
London: New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed that he and former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had privately made a secret pact with each other, in which Ferguson told him of his intention to step down and in return, Mourinho confided to the Scot about a hankering for Stamford Bridge.
Mourinho`s revelations that he and the Scot had privately confided their plans to one another months before they became public may be an attempt to counter suspicions that Old Trafford was the destination that Mourinho really coveted on his return to England.
Stating that he was aware of the fact that Ferguson was retiring many months ago, the former Real Madrid boss said that he was happy to have Ferguson`s trust, adding that he was gratified that he was a part of that close-knit circle, which knew of Ferguson`s plans.
Mourinho further said that being Ferguson`s friend, it was his responsibility to tell the Scot of his then-secret ambitions to coach in England in Chelsea, adding that for Chelsea, he would turn down every job in the world.
Meanwhile, Mourinho reinstated his claim that the relationship between him and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has never `cooled down`, saying that he and Abramovich remained on good terms and in intermittent but regular contact throughout his departure, his time away and his return, despite the evidence to the contrary.
Mourinho, who is appearing to rewrite recent history, also insisted that Abramovich had always been the model owner, adding that in his previous stint as the Blues` boss, the owner had never tried to interfere in the basic things of a manager like training sessions, team selection and the profile of a players.
However, Mourinho said that Abramovich would have learned much over a decade that has brought him a host of trophies but at a cost of more than one billion pounds, just as he did in his six years away from the west London club in Spain.
Although the Portuguese rated the contribution of Fernando Torres to the Chelsea cause so far to be `so-so`, he, however, has resolved to give Torres a chance to prove himself; even as the Spaniard himself is keen to stay and impress, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended