Mourinho contact out of courtesy, says Moratti
Madrid: Inter president Massimo Moratti has dismissed speculation linking Jose Mourinho with a return to Serie A, and insists his reported contact with the Real Madrid coach were only friendly texts.
The Portuguese has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu this summer, with former club Chelsea, and Paris Saint-Germain, the two most common clubs associated with the two-time Champions League winner.
However, La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed on Wednesday that Mourinho is being wooed by the Nerazzurri chief once again, but Moratti was keen to play down the speculation.
He told reporters ahead of a board of directors meeting: "Mourinho loves this club and had great experiences with Inter, but these aren’t the right conditions for any return.
"There was no solid contact - I only sent him a text out of courtesy, not for projects with the job or anything like that."
When asked if current coach Andrea Stramaccioni would remain in his post, Moratti was supportive of the under-fire Italian, who has been criticised for faltering results in 2013.
"I think [he will stay], yes," he continued. "We knew it would be a tough year, but I want to confirm to him that he is picking up valuable experience for the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note