Mourinho expecting Luiz to stay at Chelsea despite Barca talks
London: Jose Mourinho has said he expects David Luiz to stay at Chelsea in January despite fresh talk linking him with Barcelona, according to reports.
According to Metro.co.uk, Luiz has been a key target for the Spanish side in each of the last three transfer windows, while recent speculation claims they are preparing a 25 million-pound bid for January.
However, speaking this week, Mourinho said he expects the Brazilian to remain at Stamford Bridge in the new year.
Luiz, who has recently returned from a long-standing knee problem, has previously made no secret of his interest in playing for Barcelona in the future, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok