Mourinho expecting Luiz to stay at Chelsea despite Barca talks

Last Updated: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 13:49

London: Jose Mourinho has said he expects David Luiz to stay at Chelsea in January despite fresh talk linking him with Barcelona, according to reports.

According to, Luiz has been a key target for the Spanish side in each of the last three transfer windows, while recent speculation claims they are preparing a 25 million-pound bid for January.

However, speaking this week, Mourinho said he expects the Brazilian to remain at Stamford Bridge in the new year.

Luiz, who has recently returned from a long-standing knee problem, has previously made no secret of his interest in playing for Barcelona in the future, the report said.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 15:03

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus