Mourinho fined 8000 pounds, warned over future conduct over Ramires fiasco
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has reportedly been fined 8000 pounds and warned over his future conduct after he was sent-off in last month`s 1-0 defeat at Aston Villa , when he walked on the pitch to speak to the referee after Ramires was red-carded.
Ramires was shown a straight red card for a two-footed tackle on Villa`s Karim El Ahmadi, an incident that sparked a touchline fracas.
According to the BBC, Mourinho, who is unhappy and frustrated by the fine, is considering an appeal the decision, saying that he did not know why he was sent-off as the referee refused to speak to him, adding that he believes Ramires was pushed by Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor, who had been substituted.
The report mentioned that the Portuguese had denied an improper conduct charge when he appeared at a personal hearing and he is expected to wait for the written reasons behind the charge from the Football Association ( FA) before lodging his appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!