Mourinho: My heart still beats for Inter
Madrid: Jose Mourinho has admitted that he still holds Inter dear, despite leaving the club for Real Madrid more than two years ago.
The former Chelsea trainer has led los Blancos to La Liga and Copa del Rey triumphs since swapping Milan for the Spanish capital, but is yet to emulate the Champions League success he enjoyed with the Nerazzurri.
Mourinho has admitted it was a wrench to leave Inter when they were on top in Europe, but claims the prestige and persistence of the Bernabeu outfit was too alluring.
"Real Madrid offered me the bench for the third time," the 49-year-old told Portuguese TV station TVI.
"My friends told me that there would always be something missing if I had not gone to Madrid. I left because if you win with Real Madrid, then you make history. However, my heart remains Nerazzurro.
"Nobody has given me the same sort of happiness that Inter have. I cried on more than one occasion when I left.
"I celebrate when Inter win and I suffer when they lose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus