Mourinho to be named Chelsea manager on Monday: Perez
Madrid: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims Jose Mourinho will be confirmed as Chelsea`s new manager on Monday.
The 50-year-old took charge of his final game at the Bernabeu on Saturday as Real Madrid secured a 4-2 victory over Osasuna.
Mourinho, who guided Chelsea to two Premier League titles during his first stint at Stamford Bridge, is now set to be appointed as Rafa Benitez`s successor.
“Mourinho is going to Chelsea," Perez told Sky Sports News.
"Probably on Monday he will be their new manager. We wish him good luck.”
Madrid confirmed Mourinho`s departure in May and the Spanish club have named Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti as their first-choice candidate to succeed the Portuguese.
Mourinho endured a mixed reception during his final Real Madrid match as the club`s ultras unveiled two large banners reading `Mourinho, thanks for fighting through hell and high water`. The gesture was met with both whistles and applause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand