Mourinho to contest FA charge of `improper conduct` after Arsenal game
Johannesburg: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has announced that he would contest the charge of improper conduct levelled by the Football Association (FA) following his side`s defeat at Aston Villa last weekend.
The Portuguese was charged after entering the field of play during added time of a contentious game that ended with Mourinho`s side reduced to nine men following the dismissals of Willian and Ramires.
According to Sport24, Mourinho, who was fiercely critical of the performance of referee Chris Foy after the game, revealed that he would dispute the charge when he formally responds to the FA on Monday, after his team`s meeting with Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The report however, said that members of both benches encroached onto the playing area at Villa Park immediately after Ramires` challenge on Villa midfielder Karim El Ahmadi, which earned him a red card, adding that Mourinho was sent to the stands when he again crossed the touchline to approach Foy after the referee had cleared the pitch.
The report mentioned that the Portuguese was fined 8,000 pounds earlier this season after being dismissed at Cardiff City and can expect a fine of around 10,000 pounds if he fails to overturn the latest charge.
Arsenal`s trip to Stamford Bridge will mark Arsene Wenger`s 1 000th game in charge of the Gunners, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!