Mourinho uses criticism to spur on Real Madrid players
Madrid: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has said he does not mind the criticism his team face or pressure he puts on his players as it makes them more determined to do better.
The Blancos trainer has previously stated that he does not care about his popularity but he has also made it clear that he will always stick up for himself when people cross a certain line.
"It`s respectful when people have a different opinion to mine, but when they try to offend me, there is a moment when I decide to say `that`s enough` or I have even decided to meet some people in court," Mourinho told the official club website.
"As a coach, I prefer people to criticise me for being aggressive with my words, because I try to bring out the wounded pride of my players.
"I prefer that to being quiet, politically correct or friendly and going on losing. We can`t accept this direction. I`m optimistic because the team is ready to win and win again, draw less and lose even less."
The Portugese coach also believes that his team are heading in the right direction and he is looking forward to going on a good run when the players are back from their international duty.
He added: "We`re prepared to win a lot, draw less than that and hardly be defeated. We`re going to be a team until the end.
"The team is now going in the right direction, but 10-12 days without them is a long time. We`ll have to see how they arrive after the international games."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'