Mourinho vows to quit if fails to perform for Chelsea
London: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said that the club would not need to sack him if he does not win trophies for them as he will himself quit if such a thing happened.
According to the Mirror, Mourinho has vowed to save Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich another huge compensation bill as Abramovich had to pay the Special One and his backroom staff 18 million pounds, when he sacked them in 2007.
The Portuguese boss said that he wants to repeat his feats of winning two Premier League titles, one FA Cup and two League Cups during his first spell as the west Londoners` boss, and vowed to leave the club if he did not succeed in his quest this time.
However, Mourinho believed that the trophies would arrive naturally to the club this without any obsession, as even though the club needs stability, he is ready to infuse that into the club.
Meanwhile, Mourinho also said that although he had the passion of going around and getting experience by winning championships in different countries when he first came to Chelsea, he does not see himself in another league now as he has a connection with Chelsea, which he hoped to keep together for a long time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory