Mourinho wants to manage England after 12 years
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed his desire to be the manager of the national England football team after 12 years, only if he does not land a similar role with his native Portugal first.
Mourinho returned to English football over the summer after re-joining Chelsea, following a stint with Real Madrid, and the Portuguese tactician says that while he is planning a lengthy stay with Chelsea, a national team job, possibly with England, is the future goal.
According to Metro.co.uk, Mourinho said that he would like to stay on for 12 years in England and then go to the World Cup with a national team, although he insisted that the Portuguese national team is his first choice.
The Special One has made no secret of his desire to manage at international level in the past, while Mourinho was linked with the England role before Roy Hodgson took charge in 2012, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...