Mourinho will be a great loss to Madrid: Diego Lopez
Madrid: Jose Mourinho will be a "great loss" to the club once he leaves to join Chelsea, insists Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez.
Lopez was signed by the Portuguese boss from Sevilla in January following Iker Casillas` hand injury, but continued to be los Blancos` No.1 despite Casilllas` return to fitness which caused reports of unrest in the Madrid camp.
Nevertheless, Lopez believes Mourinho will be missed once he departs.
“He will be a great loss to Madrid,” Lopez told reporters.
“Mourinho is a great coach and he has done big things for my career.
"It’s in my plans to continue.
"I think that competition between goalkeepers is positive and I’ve always tried to do things as well as possible.
"I’ve already said that every minute at Real Madrid is golden and that’s what I want to do – take advantage of every opportunity I have to play.”
With the Portuguese boss heading for Chelsea this summer, it is likely that Iker Casillas will regain the No.1 spot.
But Lopez, who made numerous stops in Real Madrid`s 3-3 draw with Real Sociedad on Sunday, says he is just trying to give his all everytime he is wearing the Madrid shirt.
“I tried to make the most of the chance as I do every time," Lopez continued.
“At Real Madrid it is hard to be sad. I always try to do my best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?