Mourinho won`t punish Pepe for Messi hand stamp
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho will not punish Pepe for stomping on the hand of Barcelona`s Lionel Messi, saying that the defender`s apology was sufficient.
The Portuguese manager said Saturday "the player has spoken and that is enough" after including Pepe in his squad for Sunday`s home game against Athletic Bilbao.
Real Madrid lost 2-1 Wednesday to Barcelona in the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarterfinal. Mourinho said after the game if Pepe had stepped on Messi`s hand intentionally it would be "punishable."
The following day Pepe issued a statement on Madrid`s website saying the stomp was "unintentional."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs