Moyes dismisses Wenger`s claim of Van Persie `still being Arsenal man`
London: Manchester United manager David Moyes has said that Robin Van Persie has got all the skills to match Arsenal`s side and that he is very much a Manchester United player because he won the Premier League title there.
According to Goal.com, Moyes pointed out that Van Persie started in England at Arsenal but he won the title at Old Trafford and he thought people in Manchester see him as a Manchester United player.
Van Persie notched 132 goals during his time at the Emirates Stadium, becoming the club`s eighth all-time top scorer and carried his good form to his new club with 30 goals under Sir Alex Ferguson, the report said.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had admitted he still considers the striker an Arsenal man, but his Red Devils counterpart was quick to remind him of his success at Old Trafford last season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today