Moyes insists Rooney not bigger than Manchester United
London: New Manchester United boss David Moyes has warned Wayne Rooney that he is not bigger than Manchester United and although he wants to get the best out of the striker, he does not want the situation to overshadow the start of the season.
According to The Sun, the manager thought that a lot of talks were being held about the player and to have him become more important than the club was something he had to avoid.
The report said that no contract talks had been planned with Rooney, who has two years left on his existing deal, and is currently out with a hamstring injury.
Moyes also said that it was a challenge for him to get the striker back to where he was and although he was Scottish, he wanted England qualifying for the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list