Moyes meets Rooney to convince him `stay` at United
London: New Manchester United boss David Moyes has reportedly secretly met Wayne Rooney to convince the concerned star to stay at the club, amidst reports that the striker had expressed his anger at former manager Alex Ferguson who he claims had put him in a transfer request.
According to The Sun, Rooney was angry at Ferguson questioning his fitness levels and the two club members were scheduled to meet again to monitor the situation, with the star already being wooed by Chelsea and Arsenal along with Barcelona preparing for a 25 million pounds transfer bid.
Even Brazilian superstar, Neymar, urged Rooney to join him in Spain, after the striker moved to the Nou Camp himself, adding that Wayne was one of the most gifted and technical players in the world.
Arsenal have reportedly made a bid for 20 million pounds to have Rooney in their team while Chelsea is also expected to make a counter bid for the player who is currently seeking assurances from Moyes about his role in the team.
However, senior sources in the United camp have revealed that Rooney is not for sale, with the striker having two years left on his 250,000 pounds a week deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded