Moyes meets Rooney to convince him `stay` at United
London: New Manchester United boss David Moyes has reportedly secretly met Wayne Rooney to convince the concerned star to stay at the club, amidst reports that the striker had expressed his anger at former manager Alex Ferguson who he claims had put him in a transfer request.
According to The Sun, Rooney was angry at Ferguson questioning his fitness levels and the two club members were scheduled to meet again to monitor the situation, with the star already being wooed by Chelsea and Arsenal along with Barcelona preparing for a 25 million pounds transfer bid.
Even Brazilian superstar, Neymar, urged Rooney to join him in Spain, after the striker moved to the Nou Camp himself, adding that Wayne was one of the most gifted and technical players in the world.
Arsenal have reportedly made a bid for 20 million pounds to have Rooney in their team while Chelsea is also expected to make a counter bid for the player who is currently seeking assurances from Moyes about his role in the team.
However, senior sources in the United camp have revealed that Rooney is not for sale, with the striker having two years left on his 250,000 pounds a week deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state