Mumbai FC beat AI to advance to next stage of U-20 I-League
Mumbai: Mumbai FC edged past fellow city rivals Air India 2-0 through two late goals in the U-20 I-League on Wednesday and qualified for the next stage of the tournament.
After a goalless first half, in which the airmen`s goal survived a few close calls, the game looked headed towards a draw when four minutes from the end Mumbai FC`s Sagar Khanvilkar cut past the last defender, rounded the rival custodian and found the net at the Fr Agnel Ground in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Mumbai FC`s man-in-form Jayesh Rane completed the tally in the added-on time by getting his way past AI `keeper Vikram Singh before applying the finishing touch.
The victory was the third for Mumbai FC in as many games and lifted them to the top of the group and also ensured a berth in the next stage of the competition irrespective of the result of their final game against HAL on April 27.
AI have three points and face HAL in their last game on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory