Mumbai FC beat AI to advance to next stage of U-20 I-League
Mumbai: Mumbai FC edged past fellow city rivals Air India 2-0 through two late goals in the U-20 I-League on Wednesday and qualified for the next stage of the tournament.
After a goalless first half, in which the airmen`s goal survived a few close calls, the game looked headed towards a draw when four minutes from the end Mumbai FC`s Sagar Khanvilkar cut past the last defender, rounded the rival custodian and found the net at the Fr Agnel Ground in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Mumbai FC`s man-in-form Jayesh Rane completed the tally in the added-on time by getting his way past AI `keeper Vikram Singh before applying the finishing touch.
The victory was the third for Mumbai FC in as many games and lifted them to the top of the group and also ensured a berth in the next stage of the competition irrespective of the result of their final game against HAL on April 27.
AI have three points and face HAL in their last game on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof