Mumbai FC beat United SC 3-2
Kolkata: Mumbai FC rode on a Yusif Yakubu goal in the added time to rally past United SC 3-2 in a thrilling ninth round I-League fixture here on Sunday.
Looking to return to winning ways, Untied SC started the match on a positive note when Ranty Martins gave the purple brigade the lead in the 29th minute.
The home side led 1-0 at the half-time but only to see Mumbai FC equalise through Evams Quao via a header in the 52nd minute in an intense second-half.
Substitute Abhishek Yadav, who replaced Gabriel in the 78th minute, made his presence felt when his 82nd minute goal took the side go past United SC.
United did not give up and they equalised in the 90+2nd minute through Shankar Oraon.
But more action was in store when Mumbai`s Ghanian recruit Yakubu made it 3-2 for Mumbai FC in the 90+3rd minute to hand them a brilliant win.
Mumbai FC shot themselves to top-half with 13 points, while United SC remained in the bottom half with six points from nine matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof