MUPC tourney begins from April 29
Jamshedpur: Eleven teams will vie for top honours in Manchester United Premier Cup Under-15 tournament to be held here from April 29 to May 3.
To be organised by Jharkhand Football Association (JFA) in association with Tata Steel, the five-day tournament will witness 11 teams from Central, North and North-East India vying for the top slot, said JFA Senior Vice-president Ramesh Mehta here on Wednesday.
He said that the tournament will be played on league-cum-knock out basis at Keenan Stadium.
Jharkhand, which had qualified for the final round in the last edition, will not be allowed to participate as it did not play the final round held in Goa.
The top two teams will qualify to play in the semi-final round alongwith semi-finalists of the other regions of the country in Goa.
The winner of the final round of the tournament to be held in Goa will qualify to take part in Asian round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price