MUPC tourney begins from April 29
Jamshedpur: Eleven teams will vie for top honours in Manchester United Premier Cup Under-15 tournament to be held here from April 29 to May 3.
To be organised by Jharkhand Football Association (JFA) in association with Tata Steel, the five-day tournament will witness 11 teams from Central, North and North-East India vying for the top slot, said JFA Senior Vice-president Ramesh Mehta here on Wednesday.
He said that the tournament will be played on league-cum-knock out basis at Keenan Stadium.
Jharkhand, which had qualified for the final round in the last edition, will not be allowed to participate as it did not play the final round held in Goa.
The top two teams will qualify to play in the semi-final round alongwith semi-finalists of the other regions of the country in Goa.
The winner of the final round of the tournament to be held in Goa will qualify to take part in Asian round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?