Muscle injury for Barca`s Abidal
Madrid: Barcelona`s French international defender Eric Abidal has joined the long list of players suffering injuries at the club.
Abidal was forced out of his side`s 1-0 win at Sporting Gijon Sunday after suffering a problem with his right leg, Xinhua reported.
The club has confirmed that he has suffered a strain in his right hamstring and that he will be sidelined for 7 to 10 days.
Abidal`s injury happened just 24 hours after midfielder Cesc Fabregas pulled out of the game after suffering a hamstring injury in training. He will be sidelined for around three weeks.
Meanwhile, Andres Iniesta and Alexis Sanchez are both recovering from torn hamstring muscles, and although Iniesta has returned to training with the squad, Sanchez will still need another three weeks to recover.
Ibrahim Affelay will undergo an operation on a torn knee ligament which will see him sidelined for the next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you