Muscle injury for Barca`s Abidal
Madrid: Barcelona`s French international defender Eric Abidal has joined the long list of players suffering injuries at the club.
Abidal was forced out of his side`s 1-0 win at Sporting Gijon Sunday after suffering a problem with his right leg, Xinhua reported.
The club has confirmed that he has suffered a strain in his right hamstring and that he will be sidelined for 7 to 10 days.
Abidal`s injury happened just 24 hours after midfielder Cesc Fabregas pulled out of the game after suffering a hamstring injury in training. He will be sidelined for around three weeks.
Meanwhile, Andres Iniesta and Alexis Sanchez are both recovering from torn hamstring muscles, and although Iniesta has returned to training with the squad, Sanchez will still need another three weeks to recover.
Ibrahim Affelay will undergo an operation on a torn knee ligament which will see him sidelined for the next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter