Muscle injury for Barca`s Abidal
Madrid: Barcelona`s French international defender Eric Abidal has joined the long list of players suffering injuries at the club.
Abidal was forced out of his side`s 1-0 win at Sporting Gijon Sunday after suffering a problem with his right leg, Xinhua reported.
The club has confirmed that he has suffered a strain in his right hamstring and that he will be sidelined for 7 to 10 days.
Abidal`s injury happened just 24 hours after midfielder Cesc Fabregas pulled out of the game after suffering a hamstring injury in training. He will be sidelined for around three weeks.
Meanwhile, Andres Iniesta and Alexis Sanchez are both recovering from torn hamstring muscles, and although Iniesta has returned to training with the squad, Sanchez will still need another three weeks to recover.
Ibrahim Affelay will undergo an operation on a torn knee ligament which will see him sidelined for the next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened