My agent is in talks with AC Milan: Taarabt
London: The QPR star claims his representative has spoken to Rossoneri chief executive Adriano Galliani regarding a move that he sees as a platform to joining Real Madrid or Barcelona.
QPR star Adel Taarabt has claimed that his agent is in talks with AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani regarding a potential move to San Siro.
The Morocco international has impressed at Loftus Road this season and has consequently been linked with a move away from the struggling west London club.
Taarabt says that only a move to AC Milan would tempt him to turn down the advances of top English clubs as he sees the Serie A side as a potential stepping stone to a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
"I would only refuse offers from the big English clubs if Milan made me an offer," Taarabt told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"My agent is in talks with Galliani, but it depends on what happens with Robinho and [reported AC Milan target Javier] Pastore.
"Milan aren`t going through a glorious period now, and they`re no longer a part of the top clubs. However, if I joined Milan then it would open up the doors for me to great clubs like Real Madrid and Barca."
Taarabt believes that the success of Kevin-Prince Boateng in Milan is proof that he could succeed with the Italian giants.
The 23-year-old played with the Ghana midfielder at Tottenham but both struggled to make an impact on the first team at White Hart Lane before being sold.
"My friend Boateng is also at Milan," he added. "When we were at Tottenham he was often in the stands, so I think that I have a chance too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why