My heart preferred Barcelona to Madrid: Neymar
London: The Brazilian youngster says he is living out a childhood dream and cannot wait to begin playing alongside some of the world`s finest players at Camp Nou.
Barcelona forward Neymar says he chose to join the club over Real Madrid because he followed his heart.
Both Liga giants had bids accepted for the Brazilian but the Blaugrana eventually won the race for his signature, after the 21-year-old discussed matters with his family.
"They`re both great clubs no doubt about that. I`m pleased that both wanted to sign me. I followed my heart and here I am - a Barca player," he said at his official unveiling.
"It was a family decision. I always listen to my father and mother. Of course I have received more offers for more money. Money doesn`t motivate us."
Neymar went on to say that he is not bothered about dethroning Lionel Messi as the world`s best player.
"I`m not bothered about being the best in the world. The best in the world is here - Lionel Messi. I`m really pleased because I`m so lucky to be able to play alongside him."
And the now former Santos player concluded by revealing his excitement at learning from some of the best players in the world and fulfilling a childhood dream.
"First of all I`m very happy to be living a dream. It`s a very special day for me and my family as well. I`m very grateful to play with so many great players. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, all the Barca players.
"I want to bring a lot of joy and triumphs here. I`m very happy. It was very emotional going out onto the pitch at Camp Nou. People applauding me.
"I had to hold back the tears. I`m living the dream - the dream of Neymar the child."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list