My team-mates know I am not a little dictator: Messi
Lionel Messi has laughed off suggestions that his Barcelona team-mates think he is too dominant on and off the pitch.
The 25-year-old has become embroiled in heated debates with Cristian Tello, Isaac Cuenca and David Villa over the past two seasons, but Messi has stressed there are no problems between him and the rest of the dressing room.
"A little dictator? I don`t care what people say. My team-mates all know that I`m not like that," Messi was quoted as saying by Sport.
"It is a privilege to be part of the best Barcelona ever. Not just for what we have achieved, but also because of the way we play."
The Argentina international then went on to stress he is not affected by rival fans` attempts to upset him by chanting Cristiano Ronaldo`s name.
"I do not care about those chants. It`s only normal that rival fans are trying to distract you."
Messi also had his say on Real Madrid, and had nothing but praise for the Catalans` arch-rivals.
"Madrid are one of the best teams in the world and games against them are always nice to play," the forward told El Mundo Deportivo.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best, and Pepe is a great defender."
Barcelona currently hold an eight-point lead over Los Blancos in the Liga table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH