My team-mates know I am not a little dictator: Messi
Lionel Messi has laughed off suggestions that his Barcelona team-mates think he is too dominant on and off the pitch.
The 25-year-old has become embroiled in heated debates with Cristian Tello, Isaac Cuenca and David Villa over the past two seasons, but Messi has stressed there are no problems between him and the rest of the dressing room.
"A little dictator? I don`t care what people say. My team-mates all know that I`m not like that," Messi was quoted as saying by Sport.
"It is a privilege to be part of the best Barcelona ever. Not just for what we have achieved, but also because of the way we play."
The Argentina international then went on to stress he is not affected by rival fans` attempts to upset him by chanting Cristiano Ronaldo`s name.
"I do not care about those chants. It`s only normal that rival fans are trying to distract you."
Messi also had his say on Real Madrid, and had nothing but praise for the Catalans` arch-rivals.
"Madrid are one of the best teams in the world and games against them are always nice to play," the forward told El Mundo Deportivo.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best, and Pepe is a great defender."
Barcelona currently hold an eight-point lead over Los Blancos in the Liga table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II