My time at Barcelona is over: Guardiola
Madrid: Pep Guardiola has paid tribute to the players he worked with during his time with Barcelona, but has stressed that now is the time to look to the future.
The 42-year-old left the Camp Nou hotseat at the end of last season and has spent the current campaign on sabbatical leave as he prepares to take over at Bayern Munich this summer.
Guardiola has expressed his pride in the working relationship he enjoyed with the Blaugrana as both player and coach, but insists the chapter of his life at the club must be considered closed.
Speaking on an official visit to Buenos Aires, he said: "My time at Barcelona is over. One is born, grows, and becomes older.
"When you make the decision to leave a club, it`s better than when it`s taken for you. I was happy at Barcelona.
"I had a wonderful relationship with those with whom I worked. The players I had love what they do. They never lost the passion they had when they were children.
"At Barca, things went well because the amateurs I knew became professionals. You are where you are because you win in big teams. Otherwise, you get a kick."
Guardiola refused to be drawn on commenting on his new side, however, simply stating: "It would be wrong to talk of Bayern. When I am there, I will start to talk about them."
Finally, the former Spain international tipped la Roja as favourites to lift the World Cup in 2014, but warned of three sides who could make the defence of their crown difficult.
"Spain is the favourite to win the World Cup. Germany, Brazil and Argentina are also candidates," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’