Nabi released from hospital
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan midfielder Syed Rahim Nabi, who underwent surgery for two fractures in his cheekbone after being hit by a stone during Sunday`s violence-marred I-League derby against East Bengal, was on Thursday released from the hospital.
"He will be out of action for six weeks, he has been advised complete rest," Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra said.
Meanwhile, Mohun Bagan today wrote to the AIFF giving no-objection for their deferred round 11 I-league fixture against Pailan Arrows, which was originially scheduled for December 15.
"As per the court`s order, you cannot prevent the club from participating in the I-League," Mitra added.
Nabi had sustained two fractures in the cheekbone -- located between ear and jaw -- and it was set by inserting metal screw and platinum plate.
The India midfielder was hit by a stone during the violence-marred round 10 fixture that had to be called off after the green-and-maroon brigade refused to play after the break.
Mohun Bagan`s fate hangs in balance as the AIFF will decide on a punishment soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers