Nabi released from hospital
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan midfielder Syed Rahim Nabi, who underwent surgery for two fractures in his cheekbone after being hit by a stone during Sunday`s violence-marred I-League derby against East Bengal, was on Thursday released from the hospital.
"He will be out of action for six weeks, he has been advised complete rest," Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra said.
Meanwhile, Mohun Bagan today wrote to the AIFF giving no-objection for their deferred round 11 I-league fixture against Pailan Arrows, which was originially scheduled for December 15.
"As per the court`s order, you cannot prevent the club from participating in the I-League," Mitra added.
Nabi had sustained two fractures in the cheekbone -- located between ear and jaw -- and it was set by inserting metal screw and platinum plate.
The India midfielder was hit by a stone during the violence-marred round 10 fixture that had to be called off after the green-and-maroon brigade refused to play after the break.
Mohun Bagan`s fate hangs in balance as the AIFF will decide on a punishment soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?