Nabi ruled out for six weeks
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan midfielder Syed Rahim Nabi has been ruled out for at least six weeks as he underwent a surgery for two fractures on his cheekbone.
"Nabi will have to take rest for about four to six weeks and then can then take the field," said a doctor attending to the star Mohun Bagan and India player.
"The surgery was successful. He is fine and we will release him after four to five days," he said.
"There were two fractures in the cheekbone -- located between ear and jaw. It has been set by inserting metal screw and platinum plate."
Nabi was hit by a stone during the violence-marred East Bengal-Mohun Bagan I-League round 10 fixture that had to be called off after the green-and-maroon brigade refused to play after the break on Sunday.
Nabi had to be hospitalised and given multiple stitches and a scan revealed two fractures.
The match had to be called off as Mohun Bagan refused to take the field in the second half, citing lack of safety.
Mohun Bagan`s fate hung in balance as the AIFF will decide on any punishment after reviewing the match commissioner`s report submitted on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations