Nabi voted AIFF Player of the Year 2012
New Delhi: Winger Syed Rahim Nabi has been voted the AIFF Player of the Year 2012 by the I-League club coaches, the AIFF President Praful Patel announced during the Annual General Meeting here today.
"Nabi has been a pillar of strength in the national team for long. I wish him success in his future endeavours," said Patel.
The AIFF General Secretary, Kushal Das also lauded the footballer for his achievements and said that he deserved the award.
"Nabi is a versatile player. His commitment as a player is exemplary. He is a deserving recipient of the award."
Nabi today joined a list of illustrious players who have won this prestigious award since 1992.
Heaping praise on Nabi, national coach Wim Koevermans said, "I congratulate Rahim Nabi on being chosen the winner by the various I-League club coaches. I wish him all the best for the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today