Nabi voted AIFF Player of the Year 2012
New Delhi: Winger Syed Rahim Nabi has been voted the AIFF Player of the Year 2012 by the I-League club coaches, the AIFF President Praful Patel announced during the Annual General Meeting here today.
"Nabi has been a pillar of strength in the national team for long. I wish him success in his future endeavours," said Patel.
The AIFF General Secretary, Kushal Das also lauded the footballer for his achievements and said that he deserved the award.
"Nabi is a versatile player. His commitment as a player is exemplary. He is a deserving recipient of the award."
Nabi today joined a list of illustrious players who have won this prestigious award since 1992.
Heaping praise on Nabi, national coach Wim Koevermans said, "I congratulate Rahim Nabi on being chosen the winner by the various I-League club coaches. I wish him all the best for the future."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram