Nabi voted AIFF Player of the Year 2012
New Delhi: Winger Syed Rahim Nabi has been voted the AIFF Player of the Year 2012 by the I-League club coaches, the AIFF President Praful Patel announced during the Annual General Meeting here today.
"Nabi has been a pillar of strength in the national team for long. I wish him success in his future endeavours," said Patel.
The AIFF General Secretary, Kushal Das also lauded the footballer for his achievements and said that he deserved the award.
"Nabi is a versatile player. His commitment as a player is exemplary. He is a deserving recipient of the award."
Nabi today joined a list of illustrious players who have won this prestigious award since 1992.
Heaping praise on Nabi, national coach Wim Koevermans said, "I congratulate Rahim Nabi on being chosen the winner by the various I-League club coaches. I wish him all the best for the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka