Nainggolan `proud` to play for Cagliari
Italy : Radja Nainggolan has revealed that although he has been linked with a move to Juventus, he is happy and proud to still play for Cagliari.
The Belgium international has been a reported target of Antonio Conte’s men for some time, with a summer switch to Turin supposedly on the cards.
However in spite of this, the 24-year-old has said that he is content in Sardinia but admits a move to a bigger club would help boost his international chances.
"There are links with Juve but I am a player of Cagliari and proud of it,” Nainggolan said.
“The most important thing for me is to always give the best for this team. In Cagliari I am well and happy.”
"If this year I play at Cagliari and next year at Real Madrid there are still the same other players at international level as three months before.”
“Obviously, the fact of playing with Cagliari makes me less visible to the coach and thus gives me difficulties at international level.”
“Stay in Sardinia? Why not? I think there is a project ongoing and if I can do something good with Cagliari, I`d stay.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers