Nani admits players livid at giving City lifeline in PL title race
London: Manchester United winger Luis Nani has admitted players at the club are angry after giving title rivals Manchester City a lifeline in the Premier League title race, following their incredible 4-4 draw against Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday.
“There is anger From Back Page from the players, of course, because we wanted to win. We’re disappointed to lose four goals,” a leading daily quoted Nani, as saying.
United led Everton 4-2 but conceded late goals to Nikica Jelavic and Steven Pienaar. That, coupled with City’s 2-0 win at Wolves, has set up the mother of all derbies at the Etihad on Monday.
“The concentration was not the best in the last few minutes — that’s why they were able to create chances and score goals,” Nani said.
“We had a lot of possession and played some fantastic football in attack. But we conceded too many goals and we’re not happy about that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!