Nani admits players livid at giving City lifeline in PL title race
London: Manchester United winger Luis Nani has admitted players at the club are angry after giving title rivals Manchester City a lifeline in the Premier League title race, following their incredible 4-4 draw against Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday.
“There is anger From Back Page from the players, of course, because we wanted to win. We’re disappointed to lose four goals,” a leading daily quoted Nani, as saying.
United led Everton 4-2 but conceded late goals to Nikica Jelavic and Steven Pienaar. That, coupled with City’s 2-0 win at Wolves, has set up the mother of all derbies at the Etihad on Monday.
“The concentration was not the best in the last few minutes — that’s why they were able to create chances and score goals,” Nani said.
“We had a lot of possession and played some fantastic football in attack. But we conceded too many goals and we’re not happy about that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider