Nani signs new five-year contract for Manchester United
London: Manchester United winger Nani has signed a new five-year contract with the club, the Premier League champions said on their website (www.manutd.com) on Thursday.
The Portugal international moved to Old Trafford in 2007 from Sporting Lisbon and has played more than 200 games for United, helping them to win four league titles.
"I`m really pleased Nani has re-signed for the next five years," United manager David Moyes said.
"He has great ability and experience beyond his 26 years. I`ve been impressed with his approach to training and look forward to working with him in the coming seasons."
Nani, who came on as a substitute in the 2008 Champions League final and scored a penalty in the shootout to help United beat Chelsea, has been plagued by injury problems and inconsistent form.
He was linked with a move to Italy at the end of last season but United failed to land several major targets in the transfer window and midfielder Marouane Fellaini was the only major addition to the squad.
"Playing at United has been a fantastic experience for me," Nani said.
"When I came to the club, I never imagined the success we have enjoyed. I`m very happy that the new manager has shown this faith in me and I`m looking forward to helping the team compete for more honours this season."
Nani has played 62 games for Portugal, scoring 13 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title