Napoli beat Milan for first win at San Siro in 27 years
Milan: Napoli beat AC Milan 2-1 in the Italian Serie A to record their first win at San Siro in 27 years.
Napoli travelled to San Siro on the back of a confidence-boosting 2-1 win over Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League Wednesday, but they showed no signs of a continental hangover by leaving Milan with all three points Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Miguel Britos put Napoli ahead in the sixth minute, with Gonzalo Higuain adding the second after the break.
Mario Balotelli failed to score a penalty for the first time in his professional career as Pepe Reina denied him, and although the Italian did get a goal in spectacular fashion late on, Rafael Benitez`s side held on to the win, their first at San Siro since 1986.
The defeat was compounded for Milan after the final whistle when Balotelli was shown a red card, with his dismissal appearing to be for dissent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row