Nasri claims neither Real nor Barca would `fancy` facing Man City in CL
Sydney: Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has insisted that even Real Madrid and Barcelona would want to avoid a clash with Manuel Pellegrini`s team in February and March, according to reports.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Nasri has claimed that `all of Europe` will fear a Champions League second-round tie against Manchester City before the draw for the round of 16 in Nyon on Monday.
Manuel Pellegrini`s team go into the draw having fought back from two goals down to secure a 3-2 victory against European champions Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena last Tuesday, the report said.
However, having qualified as runners-up in Group D, City face a daunting two-legged clash against one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund or Atletico Madrid next year, the report added.
Nasri said that he was not worried by who they could face as he does not think Madrid or Barcelona would even be happy to play Manchester City, adding that if he could pick the draw, he would go for Paris St-Germain, Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund.
Nasri also claimed that City`s victory against Arsenal would have sent a message to Europe`s leading clubs about their ability to progress in this season`s competition, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?