Nasri claims neither Real nor Barca would `fancy` facing Man City in CL
Sydney: Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has insisted that even Real Madrid and Barcelona would want to avoid a clash with Manuel Pellegrini`s team in February and March, according to reports.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Nasri has claimed that `all of Europe` will fear a Champions League second-round tie against Manchester City before the draw for the round of 16 in Nyon on Monday.
Manuel Pellegrini`s team go into the draw having fought back from two goals down to secure a 3-2 victory against European champions Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena last Tuesday, the report said.
However, having qualified as runners-up in Group D, City face a daunting two-legged clash against one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund or Atletico Madrid next year, the report added.
Nasri said that he was not worried by who they could face as he does not think Madrid or Barcelona would even be happy to play Manchester City, adding that if he could pick the draw, he would go for Paris St-Germain, Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund.
Nasri also claimed that City`s victory against Arsenal would have sent a message to Europe`s leading clubs about their ability to progress in this season`s competition, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note