Nasri pulls out of US, Belgium friendlies
Clairefontaine (France): France midfielder Samir Nasri has pulled out of friendlies against the United States and Belgium amid injury concerns within the squad, the French federation (FFF) said on Tuesday.
The FFF said on its website that Manchester City`s Nasri was suffering from a knee injury that ruled him out of Friday`s game against the US and Tuesday`s match against Belgium, both being played at the Stade de France.
Nasri, however, was not coach Laurent Blanc`s only concern.
"We still have some little problems," he told reporters at France`s training camp in the outskirts of Paris on Tuesday.
"(The knee injury) is a tricky one that he picked up while playing at Arsenal," Blanc said hours before Nasri pulled out.
Newcastle United holding midfielder Yohan Cabaye and Olympique Marseille forward Loic Remy have groin problems, while Chelsea winger Florent Malouda has a thigh injury.
"We`ll assess the situation tonight or tomorrow morning and we will then see if we need to reinforce the squad," said Blanc, who confirmed Eric Abidal would join the squad only on Thursday after reaching an agreement with Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.
Under the terms of the agreement, defender Abidal will sit on the bench for Barca`s King`s Cup match on Wednesday before joining the French squad.
"But he won`t play France v USA," said Blanc.
France continue their preparations for Euro 2012 with a friendly against Germany in Bremen in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened