National Boxing championship to begin on Oct 30
New Delhi: Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) has announced the dates for the men`s and women`s Senior National boxing championships at their annual general body meeting in Patiala.
The Sahara 59th Senior Men`s National boxing championship will be held in Hyderabad from October 30 to November 4, while the 13th Senior Women Nationals will take place in Guwahati from November 25 to 29.
Meanwhile, Rajesh Bhandari was elected as the new Secretary General of IABF yesterday.
Bhandari has already served two terms as the Secretary General of the Federation earlier in his career.
During the AGM, it was also decided that the IABF will field teams for two foreign tours this month.
The Youth Indian men`s boxing team is slated to compete in the 33rd International Tammer Tournament in Tampere, Finland from October 18-21, while the Sub-Junior Men`s team will take part in a month long training-cum-competition program at Yangiabad, Uzbekistan from October 7 to November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren