NBA legend Magic Johnson is a fan of Lionel Messi
Barcelona: NBA legend Magic Johnson says he is a fan of Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi.
The Argentina star was in typically scintillating form during Sunday`s Clasico at Camp Nou, scoring both his side`s goals in the 2-2 draw with Real Madrid, the second of which was a sublime free-kick.
The match turned into something of a head-to-head between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, as the Portugal captain netted a double himself as the world`s two best players once again proved that there is little to nothing to choose between them.
For the former LA Lakers star Magic Johnson, however, there`s no doubt as to who is currently the greatest on the planet.
He told C+Liga: "I`m for Messi. I love everything he and all his team-mates represent and I have come to cheer them on to the end."
The 53-year-old was present at Camp Nou to watch the thrilling action unfold on Sunday evening, and he admitted to Barca TV it was an "honour" to have been part of the spectacle.
He added: "[This is] one of the greatest rivalries in world sport; I wanted to be here and one day [in the future] I will be able to say I was."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'