'Negative' David Moyes facing claims of bust-up with United legend, Ryan Giggs
London: Manchester United boss David Moyes is speculated to have clashed with club legend Ryan Giggs over the winger`s perceived ` negative training methods`.
The Scot, who is struggling to save his job following United`s disastrous first season in charge at the club, had made the veteran midfielder an assistant coach when he succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson .
According to the Mirror, Moyes is said to have claimed that the training methods, which Giggs uses, did not fit with the club`s attacking `ethos` and `heritage`.
However, Giggs, who has played 960 games since making his debut for the club 23 year ago, is reportedly angry at the suggestion that he has been at odds with the manager during the club`s recent poor show.
Although Giggs is the club`s record appearance holder, but this season he has made just 12 appearances for United, the report added.
A United source said that Giggs was livid at the claims and has described the suggestion of a fall-out with Moyes as `total and utter rubbish`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply