Negredo off to Sevilla from Real
Madrid: Real Madrid on Friday, off-loaded highly-fancied striker Alvaro Negredo to their bitter Spanish league rivals Sevilla.
Both clubs confirmed the transfer on Friday.
Negredo has a five year deal with Seville.
However, for the first two years of that deal, Real, who have recently signed a string of top forwards including Kaka, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo, have the option to buy the player back.
Negredo was set to undergo a medical on Friday morning at Sevilla, who are delighted with the deal.
"Sevilla have recruited one of the best strikers in Europe," said Sevilla in a statement.
Neither club revealed financial details of the deal.
Real had initially bought Negredo earlier this summer for five million euros from Almeria, where he scored 19 goals last season.
Reports in the Spanish media had linked Negredo with a move to the English Premier League, and with Real Zaragoza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida