Netherlands` progress to final has been easy: Seedorf
Cape Town: Former Netherlands midfielder Clarence Seedorf believes the Dutch side has really not been challenged on their way to the World Cup final.
Seedorf said the team`s success so far had been built on continuity and good fortune.
"They have done what they needed to do. Not in a spectacular way, but with discipline, by not giving away easy goals, with concentration and mental strength," The Telegraph quoted Seedorf, as saying.
"We can talk about nice touches that have never brought them anywhere, but these are the fundamentals," he added.
He further said that to play the final is an incredible achievement, but the team has to stick with its game plan.
"Will they be challenged to play good football? It hasn`t happened yet. They came back strongly against Brazil in the second half, not playing good football, but by keeping calm and not giving away chances. That says a lot about how the Dutch have played this tournament," Seedorf said.
"Nobody really expected them to go all the way. The Dutch have been quite unlucky a lot of times, but this time luck is totally on their side. Luck is a factor that a lot of people underestimate," he added.
Netherlands will face Spain at Soccer City in Johannesburg on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in