New coach Hamren names Sweden squad for Italy friendly
Stockholm: New coach Erik Hamren announced his first Sweden squad on Monday, naming 24 players for next week`s friendly in Italy.
Hamren will be in charge of Sweden and Norwegian champions Rosenborg Trondheim until the end of August when he will take over the national team on a full-time basis.
Lars Lagerback quit as coach last month after Sweden failed to qualify for the World Cup.
Hamren`s team play Italy in Cesena on Nov. 18.
Goalkeepers: Eddie Gustafsson (Salzburg), Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven)
Defenders: Mikael Dorsin (Rosenborg Trondheim), Andreas Granqvist (Groningen), Daniel Majstorovic (AEK Athens), Olof Mellberg (Olympiakos Piraeus), Behrang Safari (Basel), Mattias Bjarsmyr (Panathinaikos), Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg Trondheim), Oscar Wendt (FC Copenhagen), Gustav Svensson (IFK Gothenburg)
Midfielders: Rasmus Elm (AZ Alkmaar), Samuel Holmen (Brondby), Tobias Hysen (IFK Gothenburg), Kim Kallstrom (Olympique Lyon), Sebastian Larsson (Birmingham City), Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Dusan Djuric (FC Zurich), Viktor Elm (Heerenveen)
Forwards: Marcus Berg (Hamburg SV), Johan Elmander (Bolton Wanderers), Markus Rosenberg (Werder Bremen), Ola Toivonen (PSV Eindhoven), Pontus Wernbloom (AZ Alkmaar)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq