New coach Hamren names Sweden squad for Italy friendly
Stockholm: New coach Erik Hamren announced his first Sweden squad on Monday, naming 24 players for next week`s friendly in Italy.
Hamren will be in charge of Sweden and Norwegian champions Rosenborg Trondheim until the end of August when he will take over the national team on a full-time basis.
Lars Lagerback quit as coach last month after Sweden failed to qualify for the World Cup.
Hamren`s team play Italy in Cesena on Nov. 18.
Goalkeepers: Eddie Gustafsson (Salzburg), Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven)
Defenders: Mikael Dorsin (Rosenborg Trondheim), Andreas Granqvist (Groningen), Daniel Majstorovic (AEK Athens), Olof Mellberg (Olympiakos Piraeus), Behrang Safari (Basel), Mattias Bjarsmyr (Panathinaikos), Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg Trondheim), Oscar Wendt (FC Copenhagen), Gustav Svensson (IFK Gothenburg)
Midfielders: Rasmus Elm (AZ Alkmaar), Samuel Holmen (Brondby), Tobias Hysen (IFK Gothenburg), Kim Kallstrom (Olympique Lyon), Sebastian Larsson (Birmingham City), Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Dusan Djuric (FC Zurich), Viktor Elm (Heerenveen)
Forwards: Marcus Berg (Hamburg SV), Johan Elmander (Bolton Wanderers), Markus Rosenberg (Werder Bremen), Ola Toivonen (PSV Eindhoven), Pontus Wernbloom (AZ Alkmaar)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble