New Zealand to play in NE lajong Super Series
Shillong: A top A-League football club from New Zealand`s Wellington Phoenix will be competing in a triangular series `The North East Lajong Super Series` to be held at Guwahati, Imphal and Shillong.
The series scheduled from August 24 to September 1 will also feature two prominent I-League Clubs from the North East, Shillong Lajong FC and newly promoted United Sikkim FC.
Organisers said the series will be in round-robin format and the top two teams will play in the final to be held in Shillong on the September 1.
Wellington Phoenix Football Club is a professional club from New Zealand, which plays in Australia?s premier professional football competition, the A-League.
The Kiwi team boasts of having four World Cup players, Tony Lochhead, Benjamin Sigmund, Leo Bertos and Jeremy Brockie who represented New Zealand in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and did not lose a single game.
The tournament is being jointly organised by Shillong Lajong FC and JPR Events and supported by football association of Meghalaya, Assam and Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning