New Zealand to play in NE lajong Super Series
Shillong: A top A-League football club from New Zealand`s Wellington Phoenix will be competing in a triangular series `The North East Lajong Super Series` to be held at Guwahati, Imphal and Shillong.
The series scheduled from August 24 to September 1 will also feature two prominent I-League Clubs from the North East, Shillong Lajong FC and newly promoted United Sikkim FC.
Organisers said the series will be in round-robin format and the top two teams will play in the final to be held in Shillong on the September 1.
Wellington Phoenix Football Club is a professional club from New Zealand, which plays in Australia?s premier professional football competition, the A-League.
The Kiwi team boasts of having four World Cup players, Tony Lochhead, Benjamin Sigmund, Leo Bertos and Jeremy Brockie who represented New Zealand in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and did not lose a single game.
The tournament is being jointly organised by Shillong Lajong FC and JPR Events and supported by football association of Meghalaya, Assam and Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Fake Punjabi music company used to lure MoD officials?
- Rare IS bombings in southern Iraq kill 33: Officials
- Over six lakh students appear for NEET-I
- Solar-powered boats launched at Varanasi for plying on river Ganga: PM Modi's top 10 quotes
- Protests for separate Vidharba state turn violent