Newcastle boss Pardew hopeful on Ba stay
London: The Senegalese striker has been linked with a move away in January due to a £7 million buy-out clause in his contract, but the Magpies boss is confident of retaining his services.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is hopeful that striker Demba Ba will not leave the club during the January transfer window.
The Senegalese forward has a clause in his contract which would allow him to leave the Magpies should a £7 million bid for his services be tabled.
However, Pardew believes the 27-year-old is likely to sign a new deal with the Tyneside outfit should he remain beyond the end of the upcoming window.
Pardew told reporters: "I think he will stay, but there`s a possibility he could go because of the clause that`s still in force.
"Really and truly this window is the key, I think, because if Demba goes in this window, it will cause us a problem. We will either move Demba on or we will secure him in the summer.
"In the summer - I won`t let it run until the summer. I`ll do something about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister