Newcastle`s Gutierrez out of Argentina`s qualifiers
Buenos Aires: Argentina midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will miss next month`s World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay with a leg muscle injury, team doctor Donato Villani said.
Gutierrez, one of coach Diego Maradona`s first choice players, was injured playing for Newcastle United in the English League Cup on Wednesday.
"Jonas Gutierrez suffered a muscle injury in his right leg playing for his club and will not be able to take part in the national team`s next commitments against Brazil and Paraguay, scheduled for September 5 and 9," Villani told the Argentine Football Association`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America