Newcastle`s Gutierrez out of Argentina`s qualifiers
Buenos Aires: Argentina midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will miss next month`s World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay with a leg muscle injury, team doctor Donato Villani said.
Gutierrez, one of coach Diego Maradona`s first choice players, was injured playing for Newcastle United in the English League Cup on Wednesday.
"Jonas Gutierrez suffered a muscle injury in his right leg playing for his club and will not be able to take part in the national team`s next commitments against Brazil and Paraguay, scheduled for September 5 and 9," Villani told the Argentine Football Association`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris