Newcastle`s Gutierrez out of Argentina`s qualifiers
Buenos Aires: Argentina midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will miss next month`s World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay with a leg muscle injury, team doctor Donato Villani said.
Gutierrez, one of coach Diego Maradona`s first choice players, was injured playing for Newcastle United in the English League Cup on Wednesday.
"Jonas Gutierrez suffered a muscle injury in his right leg playing for his club and will not be able to take part in the national team`s next commitments against Brazil and Paraguay, scheduled for September 5 and 9," Villani told the Argentine Football Association`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements