Neymar aiming to return to action with Barcelona on August 18
Madrid: Neymar`s injured back is healing well and he is aiming to return to action in a friendly for his club Barcelona on August 18, the Brazil forward said on Thursday.
Neymar fractured a bone in his back following a challenge from Colombia defender Juan Zuniga in Brazil`s World Cup quarter-final and was ruled out for the rest of the tournament.
"I am recovering bit by bit from the injury and I will arrive in Barcelona at 100 percent," Neymar, who is due back at Barca on Aug. 5, told reporters at a promotional event in Japan.
"I want to have a good season and I would like to help my team mates get good results," he added.
Barca play Mexican side Leon in the friendly at the Nou Camp on Aug. 18, with the winners awarded a trophy named for the Catalan club`s founder Joan Gamper. They begin their La Liga campaign at home to Elche the following weekend.
Barca ended last season without major silverware for the first time in six years and coach Gerardo Martino was sacked and replaced by former Spain and Barca midfielder Luis Enrique.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH